Topic: Comic Cons
Today's Feature: Blog #3288
Earlier this week I blogged about why I was holding my 2nd Annual Black Friday Comics Event using my New 'Facebook Fan Page' events tab.
I had already finished listing ALL 10 of the FREE PRIZES, including the 'Top Prize' donated by Joe Pepitone of Pepitone Creative Services, pictured at the left, of a Limited Edition Automotive Poster Print signed by the artist, (click here to see it in its full glory!), when I was contacted by Golden Age Comics artist, Allen Bellman!
Exchanging messages yesterday, Allen and I came up with this 'item' as the additional 'Grand Prize' for the Black Friday Comics Event!
Here's how Allen ended up saying what he would like to contribute as the 'Grand Prize': "Michael, I will do a tight graphite pencil sketch 9x 12 of Cappy (Captain America), belting Hitler, or any other villain of that period."
He also went on to say..."I will put all but the kitchen sink into it. This one could have a value (of) $195", (plus shipping cost). "...This one will be special. I will spray it with a fixative so it doesn't smudge".
My thanks to Allen for seeing my invite that was sent first to all of my Facebook Friends, and then volunteering to illustrate a special sketch for my event! I do appreciate that! And so will the Lucky Grand Prize Winner!
Now that the BIG NEWS is announced... I want to re-post why I'm running this 'Black Friday Comics Event' via the internet from earlier this week for those of YOU that haven't seen it yet, and are wondering why it isn't a 'Cyber Monday' event since it is being held online only!
This upcoming Friday is known as 'Black Friday'!
Although this Blog and our own 'LCBS', (Local Comic Book Shop), are online endeavors, and Not 'in print format' or a 'brick n mortar store', I held a 'Black Friday' Special Facebook Event at this same time period!
This year I'm holding one again online, with a few changes! That's because of several reasons:
1) The Black Friday Event's title is: 'Black Friday Comics Sponsored By Michael D Hamersky On Comics'. That's because this special event is NOT being sponsored by my 'Facebook Comic Con | Make It So Marketing' this year. That is our Facebook 'Group Page' endeavor.
2) I just opened up this past week, a brand new Facebook Fan Page titled: 'Michael D Hamersky On Comics'! That's because for the past three months, I've been held back from adding more 'Facebook Friends' to my Facebook Network, and kept from adding more 'Fan Pages' from others that send me invites to 'fan' their page. Recently, Facebook changed 'fan' to 'like'.
3) When I first opened up my Personal Facebook Member Page a couple of years ago, I wondered why there were so few others that invited me to their own circle of Facebook Friends or Fan Pages, etc. It took me a little while to 'catch on' to this 'Social Networking'! However, when I did 'catch on', I found that there were benefits in putting myself 'out there'. By that I mean I found that there were opportunities to share my Blog, eBay Store, and photos from comic cons I've attended years ago. As well as to get to know comics creators 'better' even if it is 'long distance' and not 'face to face', except at current comic cons.
4) I first opened up a Facebook 'Group page', which became affialiated with Michael Netzer's growing Facebook Comic Con Group Pages Network. (Thanks again, Michael!). It was a wave at first, as others like myself, (comics dealers, comics creators, or others with some comic books related background), became part of the Facebook Comic Con Group Pages Network, (FBCC). I titled our own FBCC GRUOP PAGE: Facebook Comic Con | Make It So Marketing, because I felt it would be best to promote the business name that I was using at the time. (Tina has since expanded her book launch promotions side of the biz and is using the MISM name in reference to those endeavors).
5) Since that time there has been many changes at both Facebook and at FBCC. Facebook has developed the 'Group Page' concept into even more of a 'Group Membership' type of page. Where it harder to ask a 'Facebook Friend' to 'join' a Group Page, such as our own FBCC | MISM group page. Our page is currently at 2,253 members, for which I am thankful for!
6) In the meantime, Facebook has evloved their 'Fan Page' model from asking other Facebookers to no longer becoming a 'Fan', which also sounds like a 'committment', although a 'lesser' one than 'joining' a Group Page, to merely 'liking' the Fan Page. That in itself is a boon to a Fan Page's growth!
7) All the while my own Facebook Member Page had hit the 'artificial' ceiling of 5,000 months ago! I had to start deleting Fan Pages that I had previously been asked to 'fan' or 'like', which was relatively easy at first, because so many early adopters of 'Facebook Fan Pages' had done the obligatory 'fan page setup', and then found out how much 'work' it was to keep up! I have already deleted dozens of Facebook Fan Pages that hadn't been updated by their owners for months!!
8) So that left me at a 'mix' of 4,750 Facebook Friends and 250 Fan Pages 'Liked'. And I couldn't add any more! My wife, Tina LoSasso, asked me to stop verbally complaining and stop commenting about it on my Facebook Pages, and to "do something about it!". Which I've done by setting up a Facebook Fan Page last week! There are NO limits to having 'Fans'. I can have anyone 'Like' my Fan Page, Facebook Friends or Not!
I titled it 'Michael D Hamersky On Comics', because THAT is what I do! I buy comics, seel comics, blog about comics, atten comic cons, etc., etc.! Plus, surprised as I am about it, many persons come up to me at comic cons I'm attending, saying how much they enjoy my blog, and / or thank me for the comics I've sold them. Completely on their own they come up to me! Of course I'm esier to recognize now, as I only wear the indigo colored polo shirts with 'Comic Book Collectors Blog.com' in white embroidered letters on the left breast pocket now to comic cons! Well, that and my bald head both make me easier to recognize now, LOL!
9) So that's the background as to the Why Black Friday Comics Event Sponsored by 'Michael D Hamersky On Comics' has come about for this year of 2010! If you're reading this blog you must be waiting for the 'Punch Line'!
10) The 'Punch Line':
So, on Friday, November 26th, I'll be sitting in front of my laptop doing the following:
a) Listing comics for sale at our own online 'LCBS', run by Tina and myself. The Comics listed for sale at ComicBooksCircus.com will be starting at $1.00 each plus shipping. For shipping costs to your country, please see this link!
b) Giving away on an hourly basis at least 10 FREE PRIZES to those that have clicked the 'Attending' link at the left column of the 'Event Page', click here to do that! PLUS, in addition to 'virtually attending' the event, you have to click the 'Like' icon on my brand new Facebook Fan Page, here: Michael D Hamersky On Comics!
c) That's all there is to it! Just a few careful 'clicks' and you are then 'eligible' to win 1 of at least 10 FREE PRIZES being offered at this event!
d) What FREE PRIZES you ask? Here's the link to 1st of the Free Prizes, (Including FREE Shipping to You!). You'll see comics & graphic novels that are cover priced from $4.95 to $19.95 (currently).
Summation: Now You know the history and the 'why' I'm running this 2nd Annual Black Friday Event under the sponsorship of my New Facebook Fan Page: Michael D Hamersky On Comics!
I hope you tak a look at the links above, click the 'Attending' link a the Event Page, AND click the 'Like' icon on the Fan Page, and enjoy whatever time you are able to virtually attend this speical event I'm hosting virtually!
Again, You don't have to 'be there' to participate! There are NO 'Virtual Plice' to 'see' if you attended on that date. Your clicking the two links, 'Attending' and 'Like' on the two different pages are ALL that are needed to be completed by you to be eligible to win!
ALL of You that do so are thanked in advance! This is the last Big Event for the Calendar year of 2010, (as we shut down after Christmas into the New Year for vacation), and I want to thank you all by giving you an opportunity to possibly win one of those Free Prizes!
Happy Thanksgiving, Michael (and Tina!)
Addendum: My thanks again to all of YOU reading this blog and our archived blog posts, now over 3,285 total posts in number! I do appreciate your continued reading and support of this Blog!
BTW, You can 'follow' this Blog by clicking the 'Follow' Button at this NetworkedBlogs app! We currently have over 2,030 'Followers'! Thanks to ALL of YOU that have already clicked that button! And for those of YOU that haven't yet...I would appreciate it if YOU would!!!
~ Michael D Hamersky @ ComicBookCollectorsBlog.com
Note: Our online comic book shop carries many different genres of comics, magazines, graphic novels, and comic con promotional items at the link seen below.