Topic: Comic Cons
TODAY'S FEATURE IS BLOG #3783 - Yesterday, I and 11 other Department Heads of the San Diego Comic Fest, met in San Diego for the first planning meeting for the 2013 San Diego Comic Fest, (SDCF)!
Here are just some of the topics that were discussed at the meeting that I can share with you:
01) Volunteer positions are available! See this link to the page on the web site for more info.
02) The San Diego Comic Fest is filling out the paperwork to become a 501C3 charitable trust. More on that in the months to follow.
03) Why you should stay at the hotel? There will be packages for this year's Comic Fest. The SDCF will showcase those in the months to follow.
04) Brown Paper Tickets will continue to be our payment method. This is the link to the registration page.
05) I brought up the fact that there were several people that wanted to buy single day memberships online before the 2012 SDCF took place. It was agreed that single day memberships for the 2013 SDCFwill be sold only at the door, if we have not sold out the 3 day memberships, and would be subject to availabilty.
06) Dealer tables are $250 each, with 2 memberships included.
07) Larry Niven is the 'Special Guest of Honor' for the 2013 SDCF.
08) Look for an upcoming 'British Invasion' at the 2013 SDCF.
09) San Diego State University Library has started uploading videos filmed at the 2012 SDCF at their YouTube site.
10) This year's Saturday Night festivities will include a 'Masked Ball' with dancing!
11) The Art Show will be a true 'show', not just an exhibit, with an auction as well.
12) Cafe Frankenstein will have a new theme... 'The Draco Tavern'.
Whew! Well that's it for this update report from me!
Besides the links shown above, here are a few more for you to check out:
B) The web site for the San Diego Comic Fest.
Thanks for reading this blog post. There will be more updates in the months to follow.
I hope to see you at the 2013 San Diego Comic Fest!
NOTE FROM Michael D Hamersky On Comics: My thanks again to all of YOU reading this blog and our archived blog posts, now at 3,783 total posts in number! I do appreciate your continued reading and support of this Blog!
BTW, You can 'follow' this blog by clicking the 'Follow' Button at this NetworkedBlogs app link! Thanks to ALL of YOU that have already clicked that button! And for those of YOU that haven't yet... I would appreciate it if YOU would!!!
Note: My online 'Local' Comic Book Shop (LCBS), carries many different genres of comics, magazines, graphic novels, and comic con promotional items. Possibly even copies of the item(s) that was mentioned here today...! If I have it, you'll find under the BIG TOP of Comics, at Comic Books Circus.com!
Web Page Note: This blog post is written per the IE Browser standards. Chrome, Safari, Netscape, Firefox and the other browsers serve the page up slightly differently, sorry about that! The screen display resolution is best seen at the setting of 1024 x 768 on your laptop or desktop computer. Note: Your computer's resoulution may be set differently, but the above resolution is the most commonly used resolution at the time of this blog post.
NOTE: All images and characters within this blog post are copyright and trademark their respective owners.
Comics Creators: If you are breaking into, or already work in the comic book industry or other pop culture productions, you are welcome to email or mail us press releases, news items, and updates that you feel would be of interest to our blog readers. Including YOUR own works! To mail printed items to us for possible review, send to: Make It So Marketing Inc., PO Box 130653, Carlsbad, CA 92013
Also, if you are a Facebook member, I would have liked you to send me a 'Friend Request'. However, I have reached the maximum limit of 5,000 Facebook Friends and Fan pages already, so I've added a New 'Facebook Fan Page' so that even more of YOU can 'Like' what I am doing, and be interactive with me and others there. Here is the link to that 'Facebook Fan Page': Michael D Hamersky On Comics! Please click the 'Like' button on that page!
In Addition, I started a YouTube Channel just before the 2011 Comic-Con International, where I am slowly uploading videos from conventions or other events that we attend that are also pop culture related. You are invited to 'subscribe' to that channel also! As found at 'HamerskyOnComics'!